Life is awesome. When I got home from Disneyland last week, I went to the airport and picked up my parents and little sister who flew in from Japan! It was has been a wonderful week spending time with them again. I have only seen them for like 2 weeks in the past 2 and half years, so it was fun to hang out and catch up. We went to snowflake last weekend to visit grandma and grandpa Skouson for the 4th of July. It was fun being up there and just relaxing. There was a 10k on Saturday morning that I did with my dad. The elevation was definately something Im not used to yet, but it was fun to run it. We also took my nephew, Austin, with us and had fun making faces and teaching him how to say weird words. Every time he sees me he says mmmm, which means phone, and then says bahbby, which means sparky because there is a picture of sparky on my phone. You just know a kid is gonna turn out great when he learns the name of ASU's mascot when he is 17 months old. What a stud. he loves to yell out Sparky's name whenver I wear an ASU shirt. Now I just have to teach him how to say "boo" whenever he sees a BYU or U of A logo and he will be set for life.
Work has been great. I love to work at the Runner's Den. I cant believe how much I have learned about running, shoes, and body mechanics. It has been fun to work with other runners and help people find the right shoes that will help them run fast without getting injured. Speaking of running, my milage is up to 55 miles a week and next week I will get to start working on speed for the first time since I have been home from my mission. Next week will be the first of my weekly fartlek runs where I will warm up 15 mins and then do 25 mins of 2 mins on race pace and 2 mins of 6:30 mile pace jog. I will also increase my weekly milage to 60 that week and then the following week I will add one more weekly workout: a tempo run of starting out at 6:10 mile pace and dropping 10 seconds each mile for 6 miles until I run 5:20 for the last mile. I am really excited and feel great. I feel great fit-wise and am excited to race at 100 percent. I havent done that for 3 years.
Church has been great. I havent been to my home ward for a while because of trips to Cali and snowflake, but I will be there this week. There are only a few more weeks left before the big change happens in the Tempe University Stake. I have been so blessed lately and am greatful for the health, family, and happiness that the Lord has given me lately.
3 comments:
It's hard for me to imagine looking forward to running a 5:20 mile ever after running lots of other ones before it, but probably because of this huge pregnant belly I've got on me. Austin loved hanging out with you guys - thanks for keeping him in line with all the ASU propaganda:)
SWEET HOLY HANNAH!
I remember looking at the treadmill at the gym and thinking, "wow, I ran 2 miles!"
ha.
I'm not going to tell you how long it took me to run those 2 miles...
Nice work Sandy! Watch out competition in September!
Post a Comment